Here's my try at "I'm thankful" a la Furman Bisher (the retired AJC sports journalist)...
I'm thankful that this is the first Thanksgiving in the past four years that I've not been working.
I'm thankful for coffee, but not so much for the reflux it gives me as I age.
I'm thankful that I can have a little perspective on the Dawgs' current season. My record at Georgia while in uniform (albeit a Redcoat uniform): 22-22-1.
I'm thankful that during those four years, we never lost to Tech.
I'm thankful for being at the last game coached by Bobby Cox, even though it was a loss.
I'm thankful that in today's sports culture of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately, the Braves fans remembered that Brooks Conrad is still a person, and that all things being equal, we wouldn't have been in the playoffs without him.
I'm thankful that for three years, I was "Dr. Victoria".
I'm thankful that for the rest of my life, I'll be "Dr. Borelli".
I'm thankful for shopping online on Black Friday.
I'm thankful that I got to see Joe Pa coach one of his 401 wins.
I'm thankful for the sweet video SMS [Shine] by David Crowder Band. If you haven't watched it yet, you should.
I'm thankful for the days when I don't see a negative article about a Georgia player; my how our standards have changed.
I'm thankful for Kevin Durant. I hope he stays that way, and I wish more athletes would follow his suit.
I'm thankful that a great day with my besties would be watching the Dawgs or Braves.
I'm thankful for pictures of soldiers coming home to hugs and kisses from their loved ones.
I'm thankful for my parents, and for every additional year that I get with them.
I'm thankful for the realization that grace is a gift, and that each of us are loved more than we will ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment