So here is another overdue giving of thanks, as a nod to the late great AJC sports journalist Furman Bisher. I'm not a sports journalist, and glad I have a day job.
I'm thankful for Fresh Market and for the work they put into preparing most of our Thanksgiving meal.
I'm thankful my family has low expectations in regards to my cooking.
I'm thankful pie makes up for almost everything.
I'm thankful for another pretty amazing year of Georgia football. It took me awhile to get used to Kirby being HC, but winning made the transition easier.
I'm thankful Lee Corso didn't pick Georgia for the WLOCP.
I'm thankful for the Atlanta Braves despite their Cobb county location. It's been so much fun to watch this young team play good baseball, and they're just getting started.
I'm thankful that the Celtics' growing pains are happening now in November as opposed to later in February. That said, I'm thankful that Brad Stevens is a basketball Jedi master.
I'm thankful for my obnoxious family.
I'm thankful for the Players' Tribune giving athletes a voice. Every person has a story and they are no different. The world becomes smaller as we share our stories. I'm glad they don't just shut up and dribble.
Twenty years ago, my Georgia besties and I talked about going to the Rose Bowl if Georgia ever made it there. I'm thankful that in January, we got to cross that off our bucket list.
I'm thankful for my counselor and having a relationship for the sole purpose of keeping me mentally healthy.
I'm thankful to remain in remission from major depressive disorder. End the stigma.
I am thankful for MyChurch (literally named MyChurch) and for our transparency. We don't claim to be perfect because we aren't and solely rely on the One that is.
I'm thankful for forever friends, those that have been there for thirty-plus years and those that have been there for three.
I'm thankful for still being madly in love with my husband, regardless of how annoying we are to each other.
I'm thankful for the God who is writing my and my family's story and who loves the story of redemption.
No comments:
Post a Comment