Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baseball, post-call, and married life

I don't have much to say about baseball. I used to stop watching baseball when the Braves stop playing with few exceptions, like the BoSox coming back after a three-game deficit to beat the Yankees. Nowadays we have sports on all the time, with my switching over to Project Runway or House on occasion, much to the chagrin of my husband. I will mention that watching the Yankees/Phils series will be like watching the Florida/Tennessee game and trying to figure out who to root for. I still can't stand the Yankees, so go Phils!

I unsuccessfully tried to find a definition of being post-call on the internet. It is a common blog topic, however. As much as call as an attending differs from that of a resident, post-call is also different. I don't wear the same outfit two days in a row. I haven't worn scrubs in about five months. I smell nice when I'm post-call. I also have to work the next day after 1:30pm, no 30-hour rule for me. But as I've mentioned to others, it's been a long time since I've felt tired, which is nice when it used to be a part of daily life. And yet every now and then, I get that foggy-headed feeling and have to ask someone to repeat themselves after I watch them talk for awhile.

Married life is great... as much as I loved being single, I love being married to Tony all the more. Married life fits right in with baseball and post-call too. It's fun to watch a baseball game with Tony and I being our own announcers (we're much better than the Sunday Night Baseball crew, on multiple levels), and my post-call naps have significantly improved now that I can snuggle with him. :)

No comments: