Monday, October 26, 2009

Encomium

glowing and warmly enthusiastic praise. The word of the day from Merriam-Webster online. I have never used this word before. I have to admit, when I first look at it, I think of the words meconium, euphonium, and encopresis. Meconium and encopresis both have to do with poop; and I played euphonium in high school and at UGA (or tried to).

So in light of the word of the day I have a few shout-outs: first to my ever-loving Heavenly Father, who has known my heart since before I came to be and still calls me to Himself. What an amazing gift of love and grace and I will be forever thankful for Who He is and what He has done for me. Next, to my wonderful husband Tony, I love being able to do life with you and am so glad God made you specifically for me. And lastly, for some of the best people I have ever met who have celebrated their birthdays this month:
  • Karen, my bestest friend ever, who remains as faithful of a friend next to Jesus, and can remember what I looked like with permed hair and braces.
  • Aaron, my second nephew, who is as unique as anyone could be at 14-years old and whose non-conforming journey has yet to unfold.
  • Jill, my friend, my second mom, who is always great for a laugh, a hug, a word of wisdom, a shoulder to cry on, and a Braves game.
  • Josie, my residency mani-pedi and shopping companion, who celebrates her birthday today; I wish I could treat her with one of our outings after clinic, and to a coffee.
I hope this encourages you to give out encomium (and not meconium) to your loved ones today.

1 comment:

Josie said...

Awwww thanks Liz!!!